List:       mumps-l
Subject:    Host initiated TCP/IP I/O
From:       Mark Lauteren <lauteren () cowboy ! biomed ! com>
Date:       1997-04-25 20:01:15

We are evaluating moving from LAT based to TCP/IP based terminal server =
connections.  One problem we
seem to be running into is in the case of Host Initiated I/O.  We are =
running DSM 6.3B.

Under DSM, when you open a TCP/IP port and do I/O it treats all "!" =
commands as a flush of the I/O buffer (and does NOT send a CR, LF).  =
Since we have hundreds of thousands of lines of I/O code (reports and =
automated instrument interfaces), we are looking for a way  to make DSM =
treat these host initiated TCP/IP connections just like they were =
reverse LAT connections (i.e. I/O commands are treated just like a =
normal VT terminal).

Questions:

Does anyone have experience in this area that would be willing to talk =
to some of our people??

I know that others have solved this problem, can anyone give a brief run =
down on how you have resolved it in the past.

Since some times the M[UMPS] list server does not deliver all messages =
to our corporate e-mail, please cc: me directly at:

lauteren@cowboy.biomed.com

Thanks for your time and efforts in this matter,

Mark Lauteren
Laboratory Corporation of America

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence...