List:       muffin
Subject:    Re: is there a "logger" filter?
From:       "Mark R. Boyns" <boyns () doit ! org>
Date:       1999-03-29 15:26:34

John.H.Palmieri.2@nd.edu writes:

> Two questions about version 0.8.1: I noticed that there is a file
>
>   doc/filter/Logger.txt
>
> Is there a logger filter that goes with this documentation?  There
> isn't one in the list when I open up the Filters window.

There was a logger filter up until version 0.8.  It was removed due to
the new logging features of muffin itself.

> Possible related: I'm getting lots of messages like this:
>
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/jpalmier/Muffin/muffin.log
> 	at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java)
> 	at org.doit.muffin.LogFile.log(LogFile.java)
> 	at org.doit.muffin.Handler.run(Handler.java)
>
> Is some filter producing these?  How can I specify the name of the log
> file?

It isn't a filter, it is muffin itself.  In your previous message you
mentioned that you're using a directory other than ~/Muffin which
doesn't seemed to be used by the log file.  The filename can be
specified in your default.conf file as muffin.logfile.  Go ahead and
use that until I release 0.8.2 with a fix for the directory problem.