List:       mtvp-sdk
Subject:    Re: how to check whether the .mpeg file is finished
From:       Tristan Savatier <tristan () mpegtv ! com>
Date:       1998-09-17 22:21:57

Jie Lou wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please tell me how to check whether the .mpeg file is finished?Use
> a2g_read_msg() ?

When the player reaches the end of the stream, you receive
a message of type A2G_COM_STREAM_END.

Unless you have set the LOOP mode with COM_LOOP, you will
also receive a message A2G_COM_STATE with state = STATE_STOPPED,
indicating that the player has stopped.

> If use g2a_send_int(&Player,COM_STATE,0,STATE_PLAYING) to
> start playing the .mpeg file, the player will stop till it finishes
> playing the whole file.Am I right?

or until you tell the player to stop or pause, or you tell
the player to open a new stream, etc...

Also, if you have set the LOOP mode to True, and if the stream
can seek, the player will rewind and replay the stream when
it reaches the end.

> Thanks.
> Jie

-t