List:       mtos-dev
Subject:    Re: [Mtos-dev] Re: [openmelody] Re: New theme: Patrick
From:       Dan Wolfgang <dan () endevver ! com>
Date:       2012-01-04 18:59:45

The callback fields are really simple, and I even debated whether they
should be named "callbacks." In Theme Options are a variety of
textareas (the "callback" field); put something in there to be
included on the published pages. That's it. There are callback text
areas for blog header and blog footer, before entry header, after
entry header, before entry footer, after entry footer, etc.

I'm using a few of these fields on danandsherree.com: to include
analytics code, ad JS, and some custom CSS. Another use potential that
I've thought of: add Custom Fields to callback textareas. A specific
example: create a Related Entries Custom Field and put the HTML and MT
tags that generate the related entries list into the "after entry
footer callback."

Dan