List:       mtos-dev
Subject:    [Mtos-dev] New theme: Patrick
From:       Dan Wolfgang <dan () uinnovations ! com>
Date:       2012-01-03 18:42:11

For more than a year I've been picking at a personal project:
developing a theme to use on my family web site. I wanted it to be
super-flexible so that it would work with my changing whim, and I
wanted it to be something that others could use, too. Last week, with
a little free time, I wrapped it up and made it public:

http://eatdrinksleepmovabletype.com/plugins/theme_patrick/
https://github.com/danwolfgang/melody-theme-patrick

The thing I'm most proud of about this theme is its ability to let the
admin easily choose a color palette to make their blog at least a
little different. Building a color palette is a three step process:
specify the URL to an image, choose your preferred palette from the
extracted colors, then drag and drop to order the colors in your
palette. I think it's safe to say that every use of the Patrick theme
will result in a unique color palette because of this. Combined with
all of the other features and options (such as choosing fonts from the
Google Font Directory and customizing how the jQuery Cycle plugin
loops through entries), and you can create two different blogs that
look very dissimilar yet are powered by the same theme!

Feedback appreciated!

Dan