List:       mtos-dev
Subject:    [Mtos-dev] Re: [ProNet] Your comment submission failed for the
From:       Ken Edwards <ken () meancode ! com>
Date:       2011-07-13 5:34:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

... this error again.  Now that I can see it, and how quickly I got it, this
is a MAJOR problem for our site and something that NEEDS fixing pronto. I
don't know how to fix it. That is why I am posting here. But it needs fixed.
The way I see it, this has been prohibiting a large number of comments on
our articles, and considering I started getting complaints about this
shortly after the server was set up, has been going on since we went live a
couple months ago. I need this issue resolved now.

I posted a comment (I am testing stuff) at 1.12. I posted a second comment
at 1.14. I tried posting a 3rd comment at 1.18. It is now 1.34 and I still
cannot post another comment. I get this error:

Your comment submission failed for the following reasons: Too many comments
have been submitted from you in a short period of time. Please try again in
a short while.
*
*
I am running Melody 1.0.

Thanks,

Ken

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Byrne Reese <byrne@endevver.com> wrote:

>  Honestly I do not.
>
> I wonder if David Phillips (cc'ed here) has any experience with this issue.
> If anyone does, it is he.
>
> Byrne Reese
> Principal, Endevver LLC, http://endevver.com
> Chairman, Open Melody Software Group, http://openmelody.org
> (415) 702-0045
>
> On Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at 2:04 AM, Ken Edwards wrote:
>
> Do you have any recommendations for me here.
>
> Ken

[Attachment #5 (text/html)]

I got it, this is a MAJOR problem for our site and something that NEEDS fixing \
pronto. I don&#39;t know how to fix it. That is why I am posting here. But it needs \
fixed. The way I see it, this has been prohibiting a large number of comments on our \
articles, and considering I started getting complaints about this shortly after the \
server was set up, has been going on since we went live a couple months ago. I need \
stuff) at 1.12. I posted a second comment at 1.14. I tried posting a 3rd comment at \
1.18. It is now 1.34 and I still cannot post another comment. I get this error:</div> \
font-style: italic; line-height: 18px; ">Your comment submission failed for the \
following reasons: Too many comments have been submitted from you in a short period \
class="gmail_quote">I am running Melody 1.0.</div><div \
class="gmail_quote"><br>On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Byrne Reese <span \
dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:byrne@endevver.com">byrne@endevver.com</a>&gt;</span> \
wrote:<br><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px \
#ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;"> <div>
(cc&#39;ed here) has any experience with this issue. If anyone does, it is \
style="font-family:Helvetica;font-size:medium">Byrne Reese</span><span \
style="font-family:Helvetica;font-size:medium"><br> </span><span \
style="font-family:Helvetica;font-size:medium">Principal, Endevver LLC, <a \
href="http://endevver.com" target="_blank">http://endevver.com</a></span><span \
style="font-family:Helvetica;font-size:medium"><br></span><span \
style="font-family:Helvetica;font-size:medium">Chairman, Open Melody Software Group, \
style="font-family:Helvetica;font-size:medium"><br> </span><span \
style="font-family:Helvetica;font-size:medium"><a href="tel:%28415%29%20702-0045" \
value="+14157020045" target="_blank">(415) \
                Edwards wrote:</p>
style="border-left-style:solid;border-width:1px;margin-left:0px;padding-left:10px">  \
href="mailto:mtplugins2007@staggernation.com" \

Date: Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 7:37 PM<br>Subject: Re: [ProNet] Your comment submission \
failed for the following reasons...<br>To: Ken Edwards &lt;<a \
href="mailto:ken@meancode.com" target="_blank">ken@meancode.com</a>&gt;, <a \
href="mailto:openmelody@googlegroups.com" \
target="_blank">openmelody@googlegroups.com</a>, Movable Type ProNet &lt;<a \
href="mailto:ProNet@sixapart.com" target="_blank">ProNet@sixapart.com</a>&gt;<br>

depth into the values in the X-Forwarded-For header, meaning that you
might need a value greater than 1 depending on your load balancing
setup.</div>
type="cite"><div>Getting this error again, one of our editors who is obviously not \
the following reasons: Too many comments have been submitted from you in a short \
period of time. Please try again in a short while.&quot;</div><div><font \
of our editors is getting this error when he is trying to comment with a native
account, I get the sinking feeling others might be getting this same
--<br>
Ken Edwards<br>
Principal<br>
Meancode Media, LLC<br>
Cell: <a href="tel:419-308-4659" value="+14193084659" \
target="_blank">419-308-4659</a><br> <a href="http://about.me/meancode" \
WARNING/CAUTION: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are
strictly confidential and are intended solely for the use of the
individual(s) or entity to whom it is addressed. This communication
may contain material protected by business-confidentiality rules and
regulations. If you are not the intended recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be
advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail and any
file attachments is strictly prohibited.<br>

Archive: <a href="http://www.sixapart.com/mailman/private/pronet/" \

LLC<br><a href="http://www.meancode.com" \
target="_blank">http://www.meancode.com</a><br>Cell: <a href="tel:419-308-4659" \
value="+14193084659" target="_blank">419-308-4659</a><br> <a \
href="http://about.me/meancode" target="_blank">http://about.me/meancode</a><br> \
confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual(s) or entity to \
whom it is addressed. This communication may contain material protected by \
business-confidentiality rules and regulations. If you are not the intended recipient \
or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be \
advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, \
forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail and any file attachments is strictly \
prohibited.<br>

href="http://about.me/meancode" \
any files transmitted with it are strictly confidential and are intended solely for \
the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom it is addressed. This communication \
may contain material protected by business-confidentiality rules and regulations. If \
you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the \
e-mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in \
error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this \
e-mail and any file attachments is strictly prohibited.<br>