List:       mtos-dev
Subject:    [MTOS-dev] Enabling MySQL compression?
From:       Tessa Harmon <tessa () knowmad ! com>
Date:       2010-03-08 15:53:11

Hi,
One of my clients is interested in trying MySQL compression (our db
and web servers are separate). I was wondering what the cleanest way
to implement this in Movable Type 4.3? The syntax in a simple perl DBI
call would be:

DBI-
 >connect("DBI:mysql:database=mydb;host=myhost;mysql_compression=1",
"user", "pass");

Is there a way to specify client flags in the config file? How would I
integrate this (and maintain it with upgrades)?

Thanks!

Tessa Harmon
Web Developer
Knowmad Technologies | www.knowmad.com