List:       mtos-dev
Subject:    Re: [MTOS-dev] Support lifecycles
From:       Dominic Hargreaves <dom () earth ! li>
Date:       2010-02-25 0:21:28

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 11:38:27AM -0500, David Jacobs wrote:
> For the 4.x tree, we're not planning a lot of new features, only bug
> fixes & security fixes. We are going to be releasing as much of our
> code as we can get out the door as open source (including some of our
> old plugins), but the core will stay the same. There's no release
> planned after 4.34, although of course we're tracking bugs and will
> commit changes to the public MTOS trunk (and hopefully, move that
> activity to github).

That's useful, thank you.

I'm interested to hear that you plan to move to github. Hopefully that
will also result in more meaningful publically visible commits (the
commits on code.sixapart.com currently are not at all granular which
makes it very difficult for me to cherry-pick fixes for Debian).

Do you have any idea about support timescales for MT4 at this stage?

Cheers,
Dominic.