List:       mtos-dev
Subject:    Re: [MTOS-dev] MT 4.32 Editor Opens with a <br />
From:       Su <su () generis ! name>
Date:       2009-12-30 23:11:53

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 1:18 PM, Paul William Tenny <pwtenny@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well hell, it can't be that hard to fix. I'll look at it when I get
> home today and maybe submit a fix, which would be a first for me. My
> preference would be em and strong, over i and b.
> Thoughts?

Agreed on the choices. When people are applying bold/italic styling
(as they think of it), their *meaning* is generally more in line with
those tags, which is to say some form of louder/inflection. B and I
are reserved for less-likely and purely stylistic purposes, like the
way some bibliographic formats require italic text for certain bits.

As far as easy, I'm not so sure. I figure that like the
paragraph/line-break matter, the inconsistency is partially going to
be tied to the browser in use at the moment.