List:       mtos-dev
Subject:    Re: [MTOS-dev] MT5 Feedback
From:       Jun Kaneko <jkaneko () sixapart ! com>
Date:       2009-09-27 3:07:05

Hello !

I uploaded the MT5 presentation to slideshare.

http://www.slideshare.net/goodpic/movable-type-5-beta

I believe that Movable Type (4) is a very sophisticated platform
already.
You can do anything if you know how to write plugins, hack templates,
etc...
MT5 is definitely the one "standing on the shoulders of giants" in MT
history.
So what's new on MT5 ?

* Website helps you to build the proper site structure.
* Theme helps you to package your design that includes not only
templates
      but also files, categories, folders, and custom fields.
* User dashboard helps you to design MT as "your application".
* Revision History protects you from an accidental modification.

Maybe you could already do these things on MT4 if you were the expert,
but I wish that everybody takes a step forward to those deep MT world.
MT5 is for you to design, create, and share your idea on your websites
development.
MT5 is the platform to share your best practice !

There will be a lot of usability improvement on Beta 3
based on your Beta feedbacks.

http://bugs.movabletype.org/default.asp?pre=preMultiSearch&pg=pgList&pgBack=pgSearch&search=2&searchFor=UI+OrderBy%3AOpened

Including the better upgrade process that Beau mentioned.

http://bugs.movabletype.org/default.asp?102466

I appreciate all of your feedbacks !

Jun Kaneko
jkaneko@sixapart.com