List:       mtos-dev
Subject:    Re: [MTOS-dev] question about debian package
From:       Su <su () generis ! name>
Date:       2009-09-13 18:40:00

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Natxo Asenjo <natxo.asenjo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Will the debian package be further maintained or will it be abandoned?

You'll have to talk to Dominic about that. Six Apart doesn't have any
direct involvement in the Debian package, that I'm aware of. He does
pop in here from time to time, but you'll probably get his attention
faster by contacting via whatever method the project page provides.

> In the debian repository for debian lenny (actual stable) the
> movabletype-opensource version is 4.2.3-1; The latest version from
> movabletype.org is 4.31.
> Are those versions the same or is the debian package falling behind?

As far as I can tell, the package is currently equivalent to 4.23
For future reference, the application itself will tell you what
version it is at the bottom of any screen.

> In case the debian package is older: has there been any security problem
> between both versions that require a manual upgrade of the software?

MT4.26 and 4.3 both had some minor security fixes included in whatever
else they changed. Neither was considered a mandatory upgrade due to
them, however.
Announcements:
http://www.movabletype.com/blog/2008/12/mt-423-released.html
http://www.movabletype.com/blog/2009/06/movable-type-426-is-now-available-an-optional-performance-release.html
 MT release notes are (mostly) maintained here:
http://www.movabletype.org/documentation/appendices/release-notes/

For whatever it's worth, you should note that 4.25 made a lot more
changes than the version bump might suggest, and 4.3 was geared
specifically toward fixing a lot of old bugs and known issues. I would
personally say it's probably a good idea to get yourself up to date.