List:       mtos-dev
Subject:    Re: [MTOS-dev] My first plugin for peer-review: Refeed Lite
From:       "Bud Gibson" <fpgibson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-09-15 17:13:54

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

The developer docs do look much better.
I'd like to see more examples of simply accessing MT and manipulating
existing objects like users with the perl api. Using the book, Hacking MT
and the current developer docs, I was able to write a script to insert a
list of comma separated users with passwords into mt421, but something must
have been slightly off as I had to reset *some* passwords for the users to
actually work.

Bud

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 11:31, Byrne Reese <byrne@sixapart.com> wrote:

> Docs are also being stubbed out here:
>
> http://code.sixapart.com/svn/mtorg/trunk/docs/developer-guide.html
>
> It will soon find its way online in place of the current developer
> documentation. It is far more complete and should be much easier to follow.
>
> Byrne
>

> On 9/14/08 2:07 PM, "Mark Stosberg" <mark@stosberg.com> wrote:
>

> >> And, why don't you store history data to MT DB, instead of using
> DB_File?
> >
> > Because I don't know any better. The example of using DB_File was right
> > there and easy to recycle. I would rather use the database. Where would
> > I find sample code for that?
> >
> > ( I'm quite proficient at using DBI and direct SQL, but with MT I have
> > to start from scratch learning their DB abstraction API. )
> >
> >     Mark

Bud Gibson
cell: 734-657-4800
web: http://michiganinnovators.org