List:       mtos-dev
Subject:    Re: [MTOS-dev] Tagaroo
From:       "Mark Carey" <mark () mt-hacks ! com>
Date:       2008-09-10 14:38:37

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 2:33 PM, Steve Ivy <steveivy@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://tagaroo.opencalais.com/
>
> "Tagaroo is designed to make your WordPress blog better for you,
> better for your readers and more accessible to search engines. As
> you're writing, Tagaroo analyzes the text in your post and suggests
> intelligent tags for the things and events you're writing about."
>
> Looks like a good opportunity for someone in our community to build out for MT?

I have a yet-to-be-released plugin that does auto-tagging via Yahoo's
term extractor web service (no fancy "suggest as you type" UI though).
 I have looked into doing an Open Calais version (or adding an option
to the same plugin so you can choose your preferred service.  The main
obstacle to doing this is that there doesn't seem to be a CPAN module
for Open Calais, and using the API directly seems like a lot more
work...

Regards,

Mark