List:       msqlperl
Subject:    Florida fire victims? Or a scam?
From:       Valerie Mates <popcorn () tir ! com>
Date:       1998-07-07 13:41:49

This spam e-mail sure smells to me like a scam.  Last I heard, there were
very few homeless families from the Florida wildfires, certainly not 500
all in one county.  The news last night said that almost everybody in
Florida had a home to return to.  Also, who ever heard of a "BBC or Better
Business Council" with a post office box instead of a mailbox?  And why are
they asking for help on an msql-perl list???  The whole thing smells very
fishy to me; I wouldn't send money without checking it out.  I've forwarded
a copy of the message, with complete mail headers, to the postmasters of
the various systems this message came from, to point out that they may have
a scam on their hands.

Anyway, back to msqlperl.....

-Valerie
a random msqlperl list member