List:       msqlperl
Subject:    RE:
From:       david Wozmak <wozmak () tiac ! net>
Date:       1998-04-09 18:04:15

Hi Ramesh!

your problem is fairly simple to solve.

When you access a table, you not only get the data you asked for, you also get some \
information ABOUT the data ("Metadata").

This bit of psuedo code shows you the drill:

use Msql;

$db_server = Msql->Connect;
SelectDB $db_server 'yourDatabaseName';
if ($db_server) {

	$indexCall = Query $db_server "SELECT indexField FROM tableName";
	numberOfEntries = $indexCall->numrows;
}

David Wozmak
atelierDwoz, Inc.