List:       msqlperl
Subject:    Announce: Msql-Mysql-modules 1.1826 and 1.19_02
From:       Jochen Wiedmann <joe () ispsoft ! de>
Date:       1998-01-31 19:32:07

Hello,

I'd like to announce new releases of the Msql-Mysql-modules.
This is needed because of a change in mysql 3.21.22 that caused
the test suite to fail when checking for NULL values.

Changes of both 1.1826 and 1.19_02 are:

	* Makefile.lib: Now always linking against libgcc.a when
          using gcc and compiling for MySQL.
	* tests/mysql.dbtest: Now using "IS NULL" in SQL queries instead
	  of "= NULL". (Required as of mysql 3.21.22)

Changes of 1.19_02 only are:

	* Added "LISTINDEX $table $index" for DBD-mSQL as an
	  SQL extension.
	* dbd/dbd.xs.in (quote): Fixed "int len" to "STRLEN len"; the
	  Irix compiler refuses to compile this. (A little bit picky,
	  a warning would really be sufficient here ...) My thanks to
	  Simon Matthews <sam@peritas.com>.
	* Removed $dbh->func($table, 'listfields') in favour of
          an SQL extension "LISTFIELDS $table". This function was
          introduced in 1.1900, so it shouldn't break existing
	  software.

Note, that 1.19_02 is an experimental version. You should not use it
for production software!

Bye,

Jochen

--