List:       msqlperl
Subject:    Re: MsqlPerl DBI
From:       mikec <mikec () hostingservices ! net>
Date:       1998-01-22 21:19:17

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Andre Augusto Cesta wrote:

> Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 18:56:42 -0200
> From: Andre Augusto Cesta <aacesta@ahand.unicamp.br>
> To: msqlperl@franz.ww.tu-berlin.de
> Subject: MsqlPerl DBI
>
> Hi:
>
> I am a MsqlPerl user that is going to change to DBI, so I would like
> to solve a MsqlPerl problem that I am having and also get some pointers
> to readings about DBI. I know ther is a DBI mailing list somewhere,
> how to get subscribed?
>
> The problem in MsqlPerl is that a machine cannot conect to itself when
> I specify its name. If nothing is used in the machine name
> e.g.      connect("","employees");    everything works fine, but then
> the program need to be changed in order to work in other machine that
> is not the sqlserver, here is the code:

It looks like your msql access is setup for local access only. you need to
either use the local access (be not using hostname or using localhost) or
reconfigure msql to allow network (remote) access.

As far as DBI pointers, I have pointers to mailing list and other stuff at
my MSQL information page at:

http://www.hostingservices.net/msql/

Later...
Mike