List:       msqlperl
Subject:    Re: Mysql-modules for perl5.003?
From:       Jochen Wiedmann <wiedmann () ns ! neckar-alb ! de>
Date:       1998-01-20 20:15:15

Hello, Andreas and Scott,

On 20 Jan 1998, Andreas J. Koenig wrote:

> Sorry, I have no version of Mysql.pm that works with 5.003. I CC to
> Jochen, maybe he has. The old versions of Mysql.pm all came with mysql
> itself. Maybe you should try to find an old mysql version.

just these days I was installing Msql-Mysql-modules on a perl 5.003
system. The main problems (besides installinf DBI and modifying all
instances of "require 5.004" to "require 5.003", of course ;-) are:

  - DBI.pm itself is broken with perl 5.003 although it claims to be
    still compatible; when trying

	perl -MDBI -e 'print $DBI::VERSION';

    it ends with an error message claiming about a bare word
    "neat_list". Fix is to replace this with "&neat_list" in the
    line the error message tells you.

  - In Makefile.lib one needs to replace "require DBI 0.91;" with
    "require DBI;".

As far as I remember, that's all.

Sorry for not supporting perl 5.003 otherwise ...

Bye,

Jochen

---
Jochen Wiedmann			    joe@ispsoft.de