List:       msqlperl
Subject:    RE: Problem building Msql-Mysql-modules-1.1821
From:       Eric Cholet <cholet () logilune ! com>
Date:       1998-01-10 22:06:47

Jochen,

> > ld: /usr/local/msql/lib/libmsql.a(libmsql.o): RRS text relocation at
> > 0x7dcb for "_msqlErrMsg"
>
> this is definitely a problem related to the FreeBSD linker that I
> don't know. My personal guess is that the problem arises because
> you are including a static library (libmsql.a) into a shared
> library (mSQL.so). (I have got reported similar problems concerning
> SunOS 4 and libmysqlclient.a in the past.)

Is libmsql.a supposed to be a shared library ? I noticed that msql builds
some library with -DHAVE_DYNAMIC, and others, such as libmsql.a, without
the flag. Could this be the problem ?

> If I am correct, you might be lucky with creating a static perl.

I don't really want to build a static perl, and this is the only Perl
module I haven't been able to install. All other perl modules such as
CGI.pm, HTML-Embperl, mod_perl, LWP, etc, build fine on this system, so I
infer it must be something with this module, combined with msql.

----
Eric CHOLET - LOGILUNE
email: cholet@logilune.com
I am Pentium of Borg. Division is Futile. You will be approximated.