List:       msqlperl
Subject:    Re: Problems building/installing Msql-modules 1.1812
From:       Jochen Wiedmann <wiedmann () neckar-alb ! de>
Date:       1997-09-30 18:08:48

Hmmm, unfortunately I do not know what the problem is ...
seems I've been missing a mail, but

> anthony> Setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment works fine for running scripts from the
> anthony> command line, but it not very helpfull for CGI scripts.
>
> BEGIN { $ENV{LD_LIBRARY_PATH} = .... }

Best choice should be to set LD_RUN_PATH appropriately when
compiling DBD::mSQL or MsqlPerl. Are there any directories
missing?

> anthony> So I had a look at the Makefile.PL script, for Solaris boxes the script adds a -R switch
> anthony> to the linker switches.  This loads the selected library search path into the shared
> anthony> library being built.

Is there a difference to using LD_RUN_PATH? I'd prefer LD_RUN_PATH
over -R because it's portable, AFAIK.

anthony> $linkwith = "-L$libdir -R$libdir -R$ENV{'LD_LIBRARY_PATH'}";

There's no reason for setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH at compile time.
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is designed for exchanging libraries at run
time.

Bye,

Jochen

--