List:       msqlperl
Subject:    Re: failed reinstall: perl 5.004 on IRIX 6.2
From:       brian () brie ! com (Brian Lavender)
Date:       1997-08-29 6:19:23

On Tue, 26 Aug 1997 10:37:50 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>I just upgraded a perl installation on IRIX 6.2 and now, trying to get
>msqlperl functional again.  Anybody have any difficulty with the upgrade?

I initially had a problem installing perl 5.004 on IRIX 6.2. This
shell script solved the problem. The script below that I used to
install msql.pm.

Brian
----------------
Brian Lavender
Sacramento,CA
Brie Business Directory - Napa Valley     http://www.brie.com/bbd/
(916) 443-6195

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to
anyone, but they've always worked for me."
                                -- Hunter S. Thompson

#!/bin/sh

# DESTDIR is where perl will be invoked from once all steps
# of the build and install are complete

DESTDIR=/usr/add-on/nperl

PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/usr/sbin:/etc:/usr/add-on/cygnus/bin
OPTS="-Dprefix=$DESTDIR"

export PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

# Special for 64 bit SGI.

LD_LIBRARY64_PATH=/usr/lib64:/lib64
export LD_LIBRARY64_PATH
LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH=/usr/lib32:/lib32
export LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH

rm -f config.sh

sh Configure -des $OPTS
make
make test

--------------------------------------

#!/usr/bin/sh

for L in /usr/dom/xbrie/brian/Hughes ; do
    echo Configuring for $L
    /usr/dom/xbrie/brian/perl/bin/perl -v
    /usr/dom/xbrie/brian/perl/bin/perl Makefile.PL
INSTALLSITELIB=$L/perl \
      INSTALLSITEARCH=$L/perl INSTALLSCRIPT=$L/bin
    make
    make test
done