List:       msqlperl
Subject:    Compile fails - RETVAL in Msql.xs
From:       Ernest Mueller <ernestm () towery ! com>
Date:       1997-08-21 10:35:34

I am trying to compile MsqlPerl 1.1704 with msql 2.0.1 on IRIX 6.3.  The
error I get is:

"Msql.xs", line 512: error(1515): a value of type "int" cannot be
assigned to
          an entity of type "char *"
       RETVAL = msqlGetCharConf(item1,item2);

I read through the mailing list archives and found a previous fix
related to this area - but it does not work (it involved changing
msqlGetIntConf(item) to msqlGetIntConf("general", item)).  The relevant
code is now:

#ifdef IDX_TYPE
# ifdef MSQLGETXCONF1
     RETVAL = msqlGetCharConf(item1);
# else
     RETVAL = msqlGetCharConf(item1,item2);
# endif
#else
     RETVAL = "";
#endif

I tried putting "general" in place of item1 but it didn't change
anything.

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks,
Ernest
--
Ernest C. Mueller                                ernestm@towery.com
Webmaster                                        Phone: (901) 251-7000