List:       msqlperl
Subject:    Can we please have VERSION macros? (Was: MsqlPerl-1.17 dies on 'make')
From:       "Andreas Koenig" <k () anna ! in-berlin ! de>
Date:       1997-04-02 9:48:54

Bambi,

I append some characterstic lines from the ongoing confusion among
MsqlPerl users about version issues.

Can we please have a reliable information in msql.h as to which
version we're in? All of my current code makes the distiction between
version 1 and 2 based on the existence of the IDX_TYPE macro. You know
how stupid that is, but until today I don't have a better alternative
(AFAIK).

Thanks,
andreas

johannes> [...]

>>> 1.17 is only tested with mSQL-1.0.16 and 2.0B5. It's tested with
>>> perl5.002, 5.003, and 5.003_95 (the current beta for 5.004)
>>>
>>> Which combination did you try?
>>
>> Msql 2.0-B4
>> perl 5.003

johannes> For me: the same version numbers (I'm on Slackware Linux 2.0), the same
johannes> errors at the same lines...

johannes> I boldly commented-out the #ifdef on line 900 of Msql.c and 'make' went smooth.
johannes> All 68 tests from test.pl passed. At the other hand it's my first
johannes> experience with mSQL, so maybe I introduced big problems which I have not
johannes> encountered yet...

johannes> Regards, Joe

johannes> --
johannes> Arthouse Multimedia, Rotterdam, NL

johannes> To unsubscribe from this list send a message containing "unsubscribe"
johannes> to msqlperl-request@franz.ww.tu-berlin.de