List:       msqlperl
Subject:    Re: [mSQL] msql on IRIX 6.2
From:       "Peter Molettiere" <peterm () comed ! com>
Date:       1996-08-22 10:18:49

Glenn Cooper wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I think your first problem is not related to IRIX 6.2 specifically,
>but to IRIX in general.  You don't want to link in the libraries
>listed in the error message (socket, nsl, gen), as IRIX has its own
>socket etc. support, and these libraries are incompatible.  In the
>file $MSQL_DIR/src/conf/site.mm.in, change the line that reads
>EXTRA_LIB = @LIB@
>EXTRA_LIB=
>
>I haven't tried msql under 64-bit systems, only under IRIX 5.2 and
>5.3, but this should get you a little farther along, at least.
>
>Good luck,
>Glenn

Thanks! I've gotten it to compile, but now the server dies every time
I try to run the MsqlPerl tests on it due to a bad signal: SIGBUS. From
the siginfo man page, SIGBUS can be caused for three reasons: invalid
address alignment, non-existent physical address, or for an "object specific
hardware error", whatever that is. Now that I'm thinking about it, there is
a configuration option for msqlperl asking about what boundary doubles must
be aligned on-- I said 8 byte boundaries, but I'm not sure... back to the man
pages.

I had a problem on test 9 in the rtest suite, but I finally looked into it and
found a simple error: for some reason my server sends back "Syntax error" instead
of "syntax error" for the last test in script 9. I changed 9.out to reflect the
case change, and the whole suite ran flawlessly.

Peter

--
Peter Molettiere
Manager, Information Services