List:       msql-mysql-modules
Subject:    Re: Can't locate loadable object
From:       Jochen Wiedmann <joe () ispsoft ! de>
Date:       1998-10-31 6:58:28

> Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 12:51:54 +0100 (MET)
> From: Dirk Raebiger <drabiger@zpr.uni-koeln.de>
> Subject: Can't locate loadable object
>
> Hi,
>
> I am sorry if this is a stupid question. I am absolute beginner to this.
> What does this error message mean?
>
> Can't locate loadable object for module Mysql in @INC (@INC contains:

I guess this is because you are using a shared libmysqlclient.so and
did not set LD_LIBRARY_PATH appropriately.

Does it work with

	export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/rpr/mysql/lib/mysql"

(or whereever libmysqlclient.so is located). If so, you might either
add this directory to your /etc/ld.so.conf or you get the latest
version of the Msql-Mysql-modules and try

	perl Makefile.PL -static

Bye,

Jochen

P.S: Do you *really* want to use the Mysql module and not
DBI/DBD::mysql?

--
Jochen Wiedmann						joe@ispsoft.de
On the 8th day God created email. And got noted		+49 7123 14887