List:       msql-mysql-modules
Subject:    compiling mysql with mit-pthreads on MachTen 4.1 (G3)
From:       Alexander Fordyce <alex () ax-im ! com>
Date:       1998-10-17 21:40:35

Evening, all.

I hope you can help, because I'm not nearly enough of a UNIX stud (yet) to
figure this out on my own.

I am trying to compile Mysql-3.21.32a on a MachTen 4.1 (G3) system, and I'm
getting a consistent error which I don't know how to work around.  Whether
it's invoked from the Mysql make process or whether I go into the
mit-pthreads directory and configure from there, the ./configure stage of
the mit-pthreads compilation process says...

"checking host system type... configure: error: can not guess host type;
you must specify one"

I have looked at the mit-pthreads configure.in file, and I don't see my
system listed. Does that mean I'm out of luck? I notice that in the Mysql
config.sub file, the combination "ppc-apple-mach" would seem to work, so
there must be some way around this.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Alex Fordyce