List:       msql-mysql-modules
Subject:    Re: Problems with Perl
From:       Jochen Wiedmann <joe () ispsoft ! de>
Date:       1998-10-10 0:31:36

> Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 19:51:34 -0500
> From: "=?iso-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9_A._Cortina?=" <jcortina@jc.com.mx>
> Subject: Problems with Perl

>     I keep getting an error "/usr/bin/perl: can't resolve symbol
> '__errno_location' " in every test it makes ! The final table is:

The symbol __errno_location is used in glibc2. I'd assume that you
either are

	- using a precompiled mysqld binary, for example that from
	  www.mysql.com or
	- have multiple libc versions on your system

I have no experience with these things, but in the former case I suggest
to compile your own version, in the latter case I recommend to ensure
that
the same libc version is used for MySQL, Perl and the
Msql-Mysql-modules.

Bye,

Jochen

--
Jochen Wiedmann						joe@ispsoft.de
On the 8th day god created email. And got noted		+49 7123 14887