List:       msql-mysql-modules
Subject:    Re: msql-mysql-modules-digest V1 #121
From:       Jochen Wiedmann <joe () ispsoft ! de>
Date:       1998-09-21 7:20:42

> Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 01:04:55 -0700
> From: Matt Johnson <mattj@spaatz.org>
> Subject: Re: bind_columns failing on LEFT OUTER JOIN
>
> Okay, here's the script itself. Again, it hangs onlly if I
> bind_columns with the query results; if I don't (and do
> something else instead), no problems arise.

I´ve been looking at your script and the only thing thing that
came to my mind is this:

> while($sth->fetchrow_array){

You are using fetchrow_array here, although the example in the
DBI man page is using fetchrow_arrayref aka fetch. I have verified
this with the test script from the Msql-Mysql-modules distribution
and it doesn't seem to work. Try $sth->fetchrow_arrayref() instead.

If this still doesn't help, please send a *complete example*. That
means:

  - Something that is not a CGI script, but a shell script
  - Something that includes creating the table and inserting
    the data.

Please understand that you want me to do some work for you so I
expect you to do some work for me first. It's tedious and ugly,
to *guess* how your table design and data might look like and
to *guess* what your data might be. (NULL? Integer? Blob?)

Sorry,

Jochen