List:       msql-mysql-modules
Subject:    Re: DBI Loading Problems
From:       Jochen Wiedmann <joe () ispsoft ! de>
Date:       1998-09-02 1:01:19

> Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 16:17:16 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
> Subject: DBI Loading Problems
>
> I've put together a MySQL/Apache/mod_perl/ApacheDBI system, but
> I'm having some serious problems starting the server when I use
> the DBI included with mysql 3.22.5a-alpha. When I load a module at
> startup time that attempts to `use DBI;' I get the following error
> in logs/error_log and the server shuts down:
>
>     Can't locate object method "disconnect_all" via package "DBI" at
> /usr/pkg/http/perl/DBI.pm line 316.

The only reasons I can imagine is that disconnect_all is located in
a separate file (which is not the case, it is located some 80 lines
below) or that compiling DBI.pm fails, for whatever reason. Is
bootstrap executed at compile time or at run time? If so, the
reason might be that DBI.so could not be loaded.

In either case my guess is that what you see is just a symptom of
the true problem. However, I have no further ideas. Perhaps you ask
at modperl@apache.org (where I CC my reply to) or at
perl5-porters@perl.org.

Sorry,

Jochen

--
Jochen Wiedmann						joe@ispsoft.de
The principle virtues of a programmer are		+49 7123 14887