List:       msql-mysql-modules
Subject:    Re: stored procedures
From:       "Mark Strong" <mstrong () tnsi ! com>
Date:       2006-05-26 3:11:59

Martin,
	thanks for the tip about "mysql_emulated_prepare=1" didn't noticed that
one.

The example I've written about is here

http://search.cpan.org/~capttofu/DBD-mysql-3.0004_1/lib/DBD/mysql.pm

Search the page for "An example would be:"

Mark.

On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 10:09 +0100, Martin J. Evans wrote:
> On 25-May-2006 Mark Strong wrote:
> > It does work for simple selects, but try something like this
> >
> > http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/mysql-storedproc.html
> >
> > and you don't get any results.
>
> Agreed, that example does not work by default but if you add
> mysql_emulated_prepare=1 to your connect it does work (at least in 3.0004) e.g.
>
> DBI->connect("dbi:mysql:test;mysql_emulated_prepare=1", "xxx", "yyy")
>
> > Also I'm still baffled by the the example in the MySQL-DBD docs, which
> > produces four result sets, and works providing you do it in the
> > following order
> >
> > drop procedure if exists
> > create procedure
> > call procedure
> >
> > If you just call it (because you already created it the previous time),
> > it only produces one result set.
>
> Where exactly is this example?
>
> Martin
> --
> Martin J. Evans
> Easysoft Ltd, UK
> http://www.easysoft.com

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information of Transaction Network Services.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and