List:       msql-mysql-modules
Subject:    Re: 'make test' fails on solaris - more info
From:       "Matthew Monroe" <msmonroe () stravin ! com>
Date:       2002-11-09 6:37:14

> Zitiere msmonroe <msmonroe@stravin.com>:
>
> > DBD::mysql: ld.so.1: /usr/bin/perl: fatal: libmysqlclient.so.10: open
>
> - Does this file exist on your local machine?
> - If so: Is it a soft link? Pointing to what? Does the referenced
>   file really exist? (Try "wc /usr/somwhere/libmysqlclient.so.10")
> - Is it possible to create a soft link to /usr/lib or something
>   similar? Perhaps just for the sake of testing?

Success!!

Yes, libmysqlclient.so.10 is in /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql and is a soft
link to another file 'libmysqlclient.10.0.0' in the same directory.

I created another soft link in /usr/lib of libmysqlclient.so.10 to
/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.10.0.0. When I tried 'make
test' after this change, it worked!

I guess, even though the directory '/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql' exists
in the output of the mysql_config --libs command, that doesn't ensure
that the linker can find those libraries.

Thanks Jochen, much appreciated.

Matthew Monroe
msmonroe@stravin.com