List:       msql
Subject:    Re: using msql 1.x AND 2.x
From:       "David J. Hughes" <bambi () Hughes ! com ! au>
Date:       1999-02-24 23:13:46

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, John Jacques wrote:

> Is it ok to run both versions at the same time without causing conflicts?
> They would of course use seperate databases. We have a www app that uses
> msql 1.x and we cannot change it, our queries are getting complex and too
> slow for msql 1.x, so, we would like to keep everything that is running now
> the way it is and all the new creations with w3-msql 2.x. Does this sound
> reasonable? Thanks!

That should be fine.  Just take the defaults (i.e. ensure that 1.x and 2.x
are installed in different directories, use different TCP ports, use
different UNIX sockets) and you'll be fine.

You can then use

	-L/usr/local/Hughes/lib -lmsql
or
	-L/usr/local/Minerva/lib -lmsql

depending if you want to link against the 1.x or 2.x lib in your app.

Bambi
..