List:       msql
Subject:    Re: [mSQL] Connecting to a different port
From:       "Mark H. James" <markj () 3cat ! com>
Date:       1996-11-30 1:51:51

On Fri, 29 Nov 1996 21:27:41 +0100 (CET), Thomas Baetzler wrote:

>Mark H. James wrote:
>:Is there any way of changing the port use by msqlConnect without
>:recompiling the libmsql (which I can't do in this case)?
>
>Check the manual for confirmation, but IMHO all you've got to do is
>set the MSQL_PORT environment variable to get this to work.

Thanks. I've gotten a little further along with this now. In my C
code I added:

    putenv("MSQL_TCP_PORT=1112");

   But now I get the message "Can't get hostname for your address"
back. Apparently this is because this is running on a virtual-host
Web server where they have not bothered to resolve the IP address
back to a hostname.

  I can use the msql user interface on the same machine to connect to
my root mSQL database after setting the environment variable.

 I may need to bother the ISP about this one.

Mark H. James	       |   markj@3cat.com
Three Cat Software            |   http://www.3cat.com
Web Development              |   73266.2400@compuserve.com