List:       msql
Subject:    [mSQL] Update-Debug
From:       "loretta meneghini"  <loretta () rin365 ! arcoveggio ! enea ! it>
Date:       1996-11-28 16:42:16

Hello
I am new of mSQL so i apologize if i am submiting a question already solved in
the past.
I use :    mSQL 1.0.15
           Risc PowerPc mod 43
           Aix 4.1.4

I have two problems.
- First problem:
when i use Update Clause, mSQL tells me : Query OK then gives me the prompt mSQL
-> but when i go to verify, sometimes the record's update had no effect.

- Second problem:
In the manual (release 1.0.11) page 7 i've read the engine includes debugging
code. To solve my first problem, i've tried to use the trace option; but i've
not been able to use it.
  This is what i have made:

# MINERVA_DEBUG=trace
# export MINERVA_DEBUG
# mSQL elenco
MINERVA_DEBUG found. libmSQL started with the following:-

Welcome to the miniSQL monitor.  Type \h for help.

mSQL > select cognome from telefoni where nome='LORETTA'\g

Query OK.

1 rows matched.

 +----------------------+
 | cognome              |
 | MENEGHINI            |

mSQL >

Where is tracing?. Where is the mistake? I hope someone can help me. Thanks

Loretta Meneghini
ENEA
Via Martiri di Monte Sole, 4
40129 BOLOGNA