List:       msql
Subject:    [mSQL] W3-mSQL Server error, Why oh why?
From:       "David F.A. Vismans" <dvismans () fwi ! uva ! nl>
Date:       1996-11-27 14:59:28

Hello,

I have a problem with the W# script. Please help me, i'm desperate!!

First the info:
uname -a
BSD/OS nestorix.xs4all.nl 2.0 BSDI BSD/OS 2.0 Kernel #21: Thu Nov 16
14:59:04 MET 1995     erik@www.xs4all.nl:/usr/src/sys/compile/WWW  i386

msqladim version:

        msqladmin version       1.0.16
        mSQL connection         Localhost via UNIX socket
        mSQL server version     1.0.16
        mSQL protocol version   6
        mSQL TCP socket         1028
        mSQL UNIX socket        /tmp/msql.sock
        mSQL root user          croix
        Host Architecture       BSD_OS-2.0-i386

No pathches applied.

The Problem:

I get a server error when running a normal or a w3 enhanced page through
the w3 script in the cgi-bin. Just the server error and no messages from
the script.

Here's how i configured my Makefile for W3:
<---------- begin cut >
MSQL_INC= /usr/local/WWW/www.delacroix.com/usr/local/Minerva/include
MSQL_LIB= /usr/local/WWW/www.delacroix.com/usr/local/Minerva/lib

# SunOS
#BCOPY= -DHAVE_BCOPY
#LIBS=

# Solaris
BCOPY=
LIBS=

# -lsocket -lnsl

YACC= yacc
YACC_FLAGS= -d

CFLAGS= -g -I$(MSQL_INC) $(BCOPY)

OBJS= w3_yacc.o html_lex.o w3-msql.o variable.o expr.o

w3-msql: $(OBJS)
	$(CC) -o w3-msql $(OBJS) -L$(MSQL_LIB) -lmsql $(LIBS)

lextest: html_lex.c
	$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -DLEX_DEBUG -DNOTDEF -g -o lextest html_lex.c

w3_yacc.c: w3_yacc.y
	$(YACC) $(YACC_FLAGS) w3_yacc.y
	mv y.tab.c w3_yacc.c

clean:
	rm -f w3-msql core *.o lextest calchash w3_yacc.c
<------ end cut>

As you can see i commented out the -lsocket etc. I don't know for sure
if that's right, but i got an error while compiling if i didn't.

Does anybody have any idea what i'm doing wrong?

I really need the help..... Thanks alot!

David Vismans.
PS. Please reply also to dvismans@dds.nl