List:       msql
Subject:    Re: [mSQL] TCL porting
From:       gi9999 () rh3631 ! roma ! tlsoft ! it
Date:       1996-08-29 9:56:10

On Wed, 28 Aug 1996, george (g.) hay wrote:

> Vassili,
>        TCL sounds very interesting.  I'd like to learn more particularily
> about usage with MSQL - can you let me know what your text references are.

If you haven't seen TCL yet, find this site:
http://www.sunlabs.com/research/tcl

Inside distribution of TCL (or outside :)) it is a TCL documentation with
examples.

For greens ():
TCL is a textual programming procedural language.
It can be extended with other modules (also at run-time) with special
features (some examples:
ORATCL - ORACLE interface,
TK - graphics,
TIX - enchanced graphics,
BLT - special graphs,
EXPECT - special network features,
MSQLTCL - msql support, etc....

TCL now work in all UNIX-like platforms and also have a porting in
Windows (I don't know if it is actualy have all this extention).

> Thanks and regards,
>
> George Hay
>
> Nortel.

DV