List:       msql
Subject:    [mSQL] MSQL
From:       YEOHP () csdc ! fujitsu ! com ! sg (Yeo Hua Peck)
Date:       1996-08-28 18:26:29

   Hi David,

   I have download the MSQL for sun os 4.1.3 from the internet.

   According to the documentation attached to the source code, the
   MSQL is a conscienceware. Please advise whether there is any
   change in the status.

   Based on the information under the conscienceware, it seems that
   the MSQL can be used as long as it is not a product that generates
   revenue. Is it correct?

   I am interested to see if MSQL can be used to replace some of our
   configuration file retrieval and updating functions. This
   configuration file functions is a very small part in our in-house
   tool. The main component of this tool is not so much in the
   configuration file but in its complex engine, user-interface and
   rich functionality.

   You have done a remarkable job in developing a simple SQL
   interface that we could use it for the prototyping before deciding
   embarking on a actual relational database like oracle, informix
   or whatever.

   I was wondering if I could use MSQL freely and provide them with
   our tool to the users - for those who do not have oracle,
   informix etc.

   The above are just some of my wild ideas. It depends on your
   reply and ability for me to use them as freely as I intended.

   Please advise.

   Thank you.