List:       ms-wmtalk
Subject:    Re: remote administration with encoder 9
From:       Tim Valley <Tim_valley () EMAIL ! MSN ! COM>
Date:       2005-08-29 6:15:15

Lee,

Did you ever resolve this issue?  We're having the same problem.

[Sorry if this posts multiple times - problems with ListServe!]

TIA,

-Tim

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:07:39 -0500, Lee_Seung-Koo <Lee_Seung-
Koo@AEPCO.COM> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>We tried to control encoder 9 remotely using WMEncSDK9 \ c# \ remadmin
folder from Encoder9 SDK.
>On the 2003 server, .NET Framework 1.1, encoder 9 and IIS were installed
with DCOM config.
>On the client computer, tried to open the http:// webserver /
WMEWebClient/ WMClient.aspx page and added encoding computer.
>An instance of the encoding application was displayed under 'running'
column. Selected it and then added it to the 'monitored' column. Pressed
the 'refresh grid' button and selected encoding application that we want
to monitor and it said running on the status...but the 'Encoding info'
section located right side of web interface has status said 'In error'
and 'no encoder is selected' and no statistics are retrieved and showed up.