List:       ms-wmtalk
Subject:    Re: DVRack
From:       Dale Ouellette <daleouellette () YAHOO ! COM>
Date:       2005-06-29 11:59:29

I currently use DVRack for certain shoots. While I like it for short shoots,
interviews, etc., it's not as good for long form programs as I tend to lose lip
synch after 30 minutes...at least while recording to AVI Type II. I'm running
it on a new Dell Latitude D810. I do like the waveform and vectorscope.
Sometimes I set up my cameras with the scopes, but record directly to Premiere
Pro which runs on the same machine. I find lip synch is not an issue this way.

To be fair, I have never contacted Tech Support about the lip synch, nor have I
recorded to another file type.

Dale

--- Richard Naylor <richard.naylor@CITYLINK.CO.NZ> wrote:

> Has anyone tried DVRack from Serious Magic ?
>
> I'm considering it as they now have an HDV module, and it records HDV
> direct to disk. We currently use a Firestore FS-1, but thats SD of course.
>
> The idea is to shoot to DVRack, use MSEncoder on the files, and then get
> some test clips for streaming. Anyone with experience with DVRack ?
>
> This is for material that we shoot and don't edit other than top and tail
> edit and timeliness is of importance. Typically its shot with multiple
> cameras, mixed live and runs for 1 hour+ (up to 8 hours, but one gig went 2
> days 10 hours)
>
> Rich

Dale Ouellette
Edify Direct