List:       ms-wmtalk
Subject:    Re: WMP10 Local network playback of *.avi
From:       Chris Parsons <parsons.chris () GMAIL ! COM>
Date:       2005-04-28 18:27:45

Yep, I realized the connection after you used your MS email address in
another reply.  Still, I like the occasional conspiracy theory, it
keeps you guys on your toes. :)

If there is was no conspiracy then what was the official reasoning for
removing the Indeo codec from XP SP1?  It just seemed a little too
coincidental that just prior to XP1 Ligos had purchased the Indeo
rights from Intel.  They do state on their website however that they
are honoring all prior agreements that Intel may have made.

What's the real story?

-Chris