List:       ms-wmtalk
Subject:    Re: IIS and mms
From:       Lee Atkinson <laabjc-wmtalk () YAHOO ! CO ! UK>
Date:       2005-02-25 8:25:08

Hi Christopher

The costs of developing custom WindowsMedia plugins
depend on how much of a system is required - e.g. is a
user management system required, integration with an
exisiting CMS, etc.

But the development of a custom WM plugin is probably
of the same order as the first few months of your
solution (depending on how much your monthly costs are
after the initial setup). But with advantage that
there are no limits, tie-ins or on-going costs. The
client buys our services to develop the code - it's
theirs to do with as they wish.

BTW we are a DRM developer and provider too. I'm not
anti-DRM, I just understand that there are many
solutions to different client requirements, and I try
to give them the options and the advice to let them
choose for themselves.

I apologise if I seemed to suggest that yours was a
proposed mechanism - I did say that it was a proposed
solution to Hendrik for deep-linking. I look forward
to hearing from you once you have the updates in
place.

Regards

Lee Atkinson

"WMTalk@DISCUSS.MICROSOFT.COM"<WMTalk@DISCUSS.MICROSOFT.COM>