List:       ms-wmtalk
Subject:    Re: Reading markers
From:       Ray <ray () WEBCASTGROUP ! COM>
Date:       2004-09-22 14:41:58

Markers only work on I.E.  If you want to have a table of contents (the
main use of markers) AND you want cross platform compatibility you have
to use a different method.

One solution is to create individual stream files. Build a table of
contents and link each stream file.  When you click on a link, it starts
the stream in question.  Use ASX to create a file that streams all of
the individual clips in sequence.  Expect to spend a lot more time
creating the presentations than you did when you could use the markers.

No doubt there are other solutions but this one works in all browsers.

Ray Harris
216.431.7777 x202
ray@webcastgroup.com
Webcast group, Inc.