List:       ms-wmtalk
Subject:    Re: mpeg conversions stalling?
From:       gekido <mike () CHISELMEDIA ! COM>
Date:       2002-06-28 21:45:25

the encoder doesn't actually 'die', it's still going...i restarted one and
have just let it go...20 hours and counting on an 1133 Mhz
machine...whatever problems the encoder has with the mpeg isn't specific to
one frame (or 20 even)...it's gone from 70% and is now at 89% and is still
chugging along at the same frame-per-minute-or-three rate...

considering that MS is trying to make WMV the format for high-quality
movies, you'd think that the encoder would be able to convert large clips no
problem...

[featurerequest]
would be much better if the encoders would support default AVID or premiere
output - that is MOV files...or even other options...

but then again, that's what cleaner's for i guess...
[/featurerequest]

mike w
www.pureanarchy.net