List:       ms-wmtalk
Subject:    Re: Dynamic ASX Test
From:       Chaz Bocock <chaz () OD2 ! COM>
Date:       2001-07-30 14:05:56

You probably need to do a lot more testing on a lot more platforms.

We've had trouble on a lot of old configurations, such as NT4.0/WMP6.4,
Windows 95/IE4/WMP6.4, Windows 98/IE5.0/WMP6.4.

We have a machine set up here with VMWare running a LOT of different
installs of Windows so we can test all our streams - some of the
configurations don't like ASXs that don't have a .asx extension, so I set up
our IIS to make .asx files scripted through the ASP.DLL - that solved some
of the problems.  Make sure your media links are direct links to the media,
not through a redirect - that screws lots of older clients too.