List:       ms-wmtalk
Subject:    Re: Details of encoder/capture card driver interface requirements
From:       "Scott Harrison (Exchange)" <scotthar () EXCHANGE ! MICROSOFT ! COM>
Date:       1998-05-26 6:42:17

Any board that works with VidCap should work.

We for now use the standard ACM/VCM/ICM interfaces but will be moving to
directshow.

You can not use MJPEG cards. They ouput compressed video, compressed video
is not suitable for re-compression in real time. You can capure MJPEG files
to disk and transcode if you wish to use a MJPEG board with NetShow.

scott-