List:       ms-wmtalk
Subject:    Re: Nsplayer Error Message
From:       Dennis Fanshaw <dennisf () MICROSOFT ! COM>
Date:       1998-03-25 1:03:17

Try creating your ASX files on a PC then move them over to the UNIX box.
Most Unix text editors only put a linefeed at the end of the line. Most PC
based OS's (DOS, Windows, OS/2, etc.) place a carriage return and a line
feed at the end of a line.  Without that carriage return the Netshow player
will not recognize the format of the ASX file, hence the error message.

Additionally double check the format of your ASX files.  The following
example illustrates a proper ASX file in it's simplest format

---begin sample---
[reference]
ref1=mms://server/filename.asf
---end sample---