List:       ms-wmtalk
Subject:    Re: real time encoder "GAK"
From:       Chewy <root () CHEESE ! WEBCAST ! CO ! UK>
Date:       1997-07-25 10:21:38

If you're using WinNT then there is no chance to change this, but the old
drivers on Win95 let you pick what part of the frame you wanted to
capture. Since i haven't used a Win95 machine to capture in 6 months or
so, the new drivers may have been updated such that this option is no
longer available, however, from the website (www.winnov.com) the new nt
beta drivers have an 'edit studio' or something built in that allows a
very basic zoom and pan of the clip, so you may be able to get round it
that way. The problem is that the capture card captures the entire frame,
plus about 2 pixels of white noise above it.
Hope that helps.
Chewy