List:       ms-wmtalk
Subject:    Re: p5 2x200 mmx encoder
From:       Francois Yves Le Gal <flegal () ALLABAN ! FR>
Date:       1997-06-30 19:03:38

At 10:26 30/06/97 -0700, you wrote:
>How well will a p5 2x200 mmx encode real time video as a NT 4 server
>striped of every other process???
>Will this suffice as a back up encoder?

Hmm. We've never tried P5-based encoders, but Perfmon shows a steady 100%
CPU usage with a 200 MHz PPro for a typical MPEG 3/4 11 KHz/15 fps stream,
and around 57% CPU usage for a dual 200 MHz PPro box. My guess is that the
P5 box won't be powerful enough, but it's only a guess.

François Yves Le Gal    Allaban WebSystems      Tel : +33 1 4756 0194
Directeur associé       70, rue Rivay           Fax : +33 1 4756 0305
                        92300 Levallois-Perret
flegal@allaban.fr       France