List:       ms-wmtalk
Subject:    Re: bitrate flag in VIDtoASF
From:       Scott Harrison <scotthar () MICROSOFT ! COM>
Date:       1997-03-31 20:23:50

Hi Khaled,

This flag will not "Detune" your bitrate.  This flag will set a higher
bitrate this was added for other reasons (to support other related
software) but will not set a lower bitrate.  You will need to use an AVI
editing tool to reduce your source material's bitrate.

I am curious  Where did you find this flag documented? It is not in the
Command line help /? for VIDTOASF on the NetShow v2 beta1 release.  Is
this in the documentation someplace?

thanks
scott-