List:       ms-wmtalk
Subject:    Unicast live stream video
From:       Khaled Ahmed <ahmed () MAIL ! GULFNET ! CO ! JP>
Date:       1997-03-31 11:05:56

Hi all,

I went through NetShow v2b documentation which is in html format (in the
NSSERVER.exe)  as well as Real-time Encoder help file trying to understand
how to Unicast live stream video. Since I am new to NetShow, I still have
some basic points uncleared. I hope someone can kindly explain the
followings for me:

1.  How to configure the Real-time Encoder under windows 95. What is <IP
port for output> and how can I define it?  How can I define the <MCM server>
and <stream alias>?

2.  When I use the Real-time Encoder under windows 95, does the Audio source
mean the graphic card inside my windows 95 machine or the one inside the
NetShow server machine (win NT)?

3.  When I used the Real-time Encoder under windows 95 and use the Windows
95 Audio and Capture cards as input sources, I got the message <There
already is a running stream active on this video input device>.  What does
it mean (all other programs are closed at that time)?

4.  How to inform the server about the source of the live streams (if it is
in another machine)?

5.  In the documentation, it is said that the client can access the live
streams by using the URL
 <msbd://myserver:1480> What does port 1480 refer to?

6.  Should I use the Real-time Encoder in the same machine that runs NetShow
server? Will this affect the performance?

7.  Is there any examples or step-by-step explanation for unicasting live
stream video?

If these information are available somewhere, I apologize that I missed it.

Thanks

Khaled Ahmed
System manager
GulfNet Communications Co. Ltd.